When is the Best Time to Decorate for the Holidays?

Some families begin near Thanksgiving week, while others take their time and start decorating closer to Christmas.

When does your family start to decorate for Christmas?

Most families tend to begin decorating during Thanksgiving week while other families are more laid back and start closer to the holidays. Some families begin near Thanksgiving week, while others take their time and start decorating closer to Christmas. Many people tend to start decorating for the holidays during Thanksgiving week which is usually always the best time.

As said by “Balsam Hill,” “Right after Thanksgiving is a great option because often, families are still gathered in one home and can decorate together.” Furthermore, it also allows for a great transition between the two holidays. The article believes that this is the most fitting time and families are able to spend time with each other to collectively decorate for the upcoming holidays. Moreover, the atmosphere of being able to be with family all together makes the holiday season more memorable.

Majority of students believe that the week after Thanksgiving is the perfect time. “…I think that the longer [the decorations are up] because you can’t really have [decorations] up after new years…” said student Grant Call.

He makes a great point about being able to value your decorations to its fullest and the earlier you begin the longer that the decorations are able to remain before having to take them all down around the New Year. All in all, the longer the decorations are up it adds onto the holiday spirit and makes people happier overall.

While most think that decorating close after Thanksgiving is the most preferable option some believe that decorating closer to Christmas still is a good option.

“I feel like there are times when you can decorate too early such as the start of December,” said student Max Liu. Although, people that would like to take their time and decorate closer towards the holiday season it is not the most favored option.

As mentioned by “Better Homes & Gardens,” “Lugging all of the ornaments and boxes out of the basement or attic is kind of a bummer if you know in a few weeks you’ll have to do it all over again to put them away.” Several people enjoy transforming their homes but most that start earlier love to cherish their decorations longer and would
not want them to be stored away.

Ultimately, the most fitting time to decorate for the upcoming holidays is closer to Thanksgiving. This allows families to spend time with each other to decorate the house, cherish the decorations, and overall spend their time together making long lasting memories.