Quadstock: two days of peace and music

On March 3-4, students packed the music quad during lunch for Quadstock, a special two-day on-campus music event where students showcased their talents.

“You get to show your skills and hobbies [that students] wouldn’t otherwise be able to see,” performer, spectator and senior Andy Mitchell said. “I didn’t know some of my classmates were so talented.”

The event featured multiple students performing throughout the lunch period. This included a duet between senior Sydney Gavin and English teacher Nick Calvin after Gavin’s original partner fell ill.

“Mr. Calvin is extremely hipster, and he knew the song word for word [even though] it is pretty unknown,” Gavin said. “It was a really awesome experience, because I had never put myself out there like that.”

With experienced performers like Mitchell, and first-timers like Gavin, the show proved to be unique with original pieces and different musical styles. Though the crowd did not match the amount produced last year, the atmosphere was still electric.

“Everyone was really supportive, and it was an awesome environment,” Gavin said.

Even though this year’s event was only two days compared to previous years, which had three,  the shorter amount of time did not mean a reduction in the quality of the performances.

“There were a lot of people having fun, sitting and enjoying the music,” senior and spectator Jamie Greenberg said.